The Board is the executive body of the Association. The Board is responsible for implementing the decisions of the General Assembly, and for the overall management of the Association. The Board is accountable to the General Assembly.
In particular, the Board shall
- prepare and supervise the strategic plan and annual work plan;
- prepare the annual activity report and accounts;
- be responsible for implementation of the budget;
- recommend the external auditor of the accounts to the General Assembly;
- approve applications for membership/affiliation of the Association and propose to the General Assembly the exclusion of members;
- propose membership and affiliation fees to the General Assembly;
- appoint the Director of the Secretariat and may, on a proposal from the President, dismiss the Director in accordance with Belgian employment law;
- decide upon the location of the Secretariat in cases not covered by Article 14;
- propose amendments to the Statutes, according to the provisions of Article 40;
- adopt Rules of Procedure regulating the details of its operation;
- approve of the suspension of members’ rights decided by the President;
- transfer the registered office.
Summaries of the Board meetings are available for members here.
Dr Padraig WALSH
Chair of the ENQA Board, serving as President of ENQA since October 2013.
Chief Executive of the Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI), which operates in Dublin, Ireland.
Vice-President of ENQA, serving on the Board since 2012. Head of the Executive Unit of the Agency for Evaluation of Higher Education Quality in the French Community of Belgium (AEQES), which operates in Brussels, Belgium.
Dr Christoph GROLIMUND
Vice-President of ENQA, serving on the Board since 2013. Director of the Swiss Agency of Accreditation and Quality Assurance (AAQ) which operates in Bern, Switzerland.
Dr Teresa SÁNCHEZ CHAPARRO
Member of the ENQA Board since 2014. Executive Director of the Commission des Titres d’Ingenieur (CTI), which operates in Paris, France.
Eva FERREIRA GARCÍA
Member of the ENQA Board since 2016. Chief Executive of the Agency for the Quality of the Basque University System (Unibasq).
Dr Anne FLIERMAN
Member of the ENQA Board since 2015. Chair of Accreditation Organisation of the Netherlands and Flanders (NVAO).
Dr Tove Blytt HOLMEN
Member of the ENQA Board since 2012. Senior Adviser at Department of quality assurance of the Norwegian Agency for Quality Assurance in Education (NOKUT) which operates in Oslo, Norway.
Dr Christina ROZSNYAI
Member of the ENQA Board since 2014. Programme Officer for foreign affairs at the Hungarian Accreditation Committee (HAC), which operates in Budapest, Hungary.
Member of the ENQA Board since 2016. Director of the Centre for Quality Assessment in Higher Education (SKVC) which operates in Vilnius, Lithunia.