Job offer: ENQA is currently looking for an Administrative Officer
9 May 2018
ENQA is currently looking for an Administrative Officer for its office in Brussels.
The European Association for Quality Assurance in Higher Education (ENQA) is an umbrella organisation which represents its members at the European level and internationally, especially in political decision-making processes and in co-operations with stakeholder organisations. ENQA carries out numerous projects in the area of quality assurance of higher education and coordinates agency reviews in the European Higher Education Area.
Duration: indefinite duration
Start: August-September 2018
Type: Full time
Deadline for applications: 31 May 2018
ENQA is looking to hire an Administrative Officer for its office in Brussels. This position involves a close working relationship with ENQA member agencies and international partners.
The Administrative Officer’s key responsibilities are to:
- be responsible for the smooth running of the Secretariat by providing general administrative support, including for ENQA projects,
- undertake general clerical duties: post, managing enquiries, filing, archiving, managing agendas, drafting and processing correspondence, booking travel, etc.
- support the organisation of events and meetings with all administrative needs, including documents and other materials, logistics, catering, etc.
- collect and edit material for the publications of ENQA and provide word processing and editing support for the Secretariat, including letters, tables, spreadsheets, etc.
- update ENQA’s databases and the website,
- contribute to ENQA’s communication activities, such as ENQA social media and the Newsletter.
- a university degree in humanities, social or political science, economics, business administration, business or project management, education, or other related fields;
- experience in working in an international environment, ideally in the non-profit/membership organisation sector;
- excellent communication and near-native or native English language skills, both written and oral;
- ability to manage a range of activities simultaneously, adjust priorities as required, ability to work under pressure and to keep to set timelines;
- excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills;
- highly motivated, fast learner, reliable, with keen attention to detail;
- independent worker and team player with a positive attitude;
- excellent computer skills (Microsoft office, Internet, basic html language).
Knowledge of French would be a significant asset.
ENQA provides an exciting international working environment, with a small and dynamic team where individual initiative and team work are both highly valued. The gross monthly starting salary will be around 2500 EUR, depending on experience, as well as an interesting benefits package.
Please send a detailed CV and a motivation letter outlining your suitability for and interest in this position to Maria Kelo at firstname.lastname@example.org indicating an estimate of the earliest possible starting date. Please note that due to the expected high number of applications only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The deadline for applications is the 31st of May 2018. Interviews are expected to take place in late June 2018 in Brussels.
Please find the PDF version here.