AMAQ-ES is an ENQA Affiliate.
The Mauritanian Authority for Quality Assurance of Higher Education named AMAQ-ES is created according to law N ° 2016-028 of July 29, 2016, modifying certain provisions of law N ° 2010-043 of July 21, 2010 relating to the higher education and scientific research.
AMAQ-ES has legal personality and financial autonomy and is placed under the technical authority of the Minister in charge of higher education. The Authority’s mission is to contribute to ensuring the quality of higher education and scientific research, to promote the culture of evaluation and quality assurance in order to guarantee its quality and its harmonization with the international standards. To this end, it is responsible, among other things, for:
- Design and implement a Quality Assurance system compatible with the objectives and requirements of the Mauritanian Higher Education and Research system;
- Make proposals on quality standards for Higher Education and Research;
- Propose and implement formal procedures for evaluating the quality of public and private higher education institutions, their training and research structures and organizations;
- Periodically evaluate public and private higher education establishments, their training courses and research structures and organizations;
- Give a technical opinion to the Minister in charge of Higher Education on requests for accreditation of training courses, their accreditation and that of higher education institutions, research centers and organizations;
- Support higher education institutions, structures and research organizations in the development of their internal Quality Assurance system and the implementation of their self-assessment.