Kosovo Accreditation Agency (KAA) is an ENQA Affiliate. KAA is an independent agency responsible for the external evaluation (accreditation, re-accreditation, validation and follow-up) of higher education institutions in Kosovo. KAA was established in 2004 and It has operated as the formal accreditation body in Kosovo since 2009.
Key-activities of Kosovo Accreditation Agency are:
- Initial accreditation of higher education institutions and their programmes;
- Initial accreditation of programmes at an accredited higher education institution;
- Re/accreditation of programmes and higher education institutions.
Kosovo Accreditation Agency (KAA) goals are:
- To promote, improve and enhance higher education quality;
- To increase transparency and accountability in higher education system;
- To encourage innovative content in higher education;
- To ensure comparability of qualifications from higher education institutions in Kosovo with qualifications from international programs;
- To implement the objectives of integrating Kosovo in European Higher Education Areas.