The Romanian Agency for Quality Assurance in Higher Education (ARACIS) is launching a call for international evaluators who would be interested to participate to the external evaluations in Romania.
This call is an invitation to apply for being included in the ARACIS Register of International Evaluators, that is permanently updated and published at the address: https://www.aracis.ro/en/national-register-of-evaluators/
The experts included in the Register shall be nominated by the ARACIS Council to participate to the following types of activities:
- External institutional evaluations of the Higher Education Institutions (HEIs);
- External evaluations of doctoral schools and doctoral studies.
For each external evaluation the international evaluator and ARACIS will sign an agreement which stipulates all the conditions and provisions related to the activities which will be performed.
The external evaluation processes mainly include:
- The study of the evaluation documents of HEI and of the specific legislation and the general context in Romania;
- The participation to the on-site evaluation visit. In these pandemic times, the participation of the international evaluator takes place in online format;
- The elaboration of the External Evaluation Report specific to the international evaluators.
The international evaluator capacity is open for university teaching staff who are tenured or continue their teaching activity under approval of the university, holding the assistant professor/maître de conférence (FR) or university professor degree, with experience in quality assurance in education and with their domicile or institutional affiliation in a country other than Romania.
The criteria applied in selecting international evaluators are the following:
- experience in external quality assurance in education;
- international experience in external quality assurance in higher education;
- experience in university management;
- recognised professional activity in their respective scientific field.
We present below the main steps of the application process:
- the application for enrolment in the selection process for becoming a member of the Register of International Evaluators is sent in digital format, in English, at the address firstname.lastname@example.org;
- the application shall be accompanied by supporting documents, in English, in digital format, respectively a CV and a list of relevant scientific papers;
- ARACIS structures will analyse the documents sent by the applicant;
- the decision will be communicated by ARACIS to the applicant at his/her e-mail address.
Interested candidates may find additional information in the Procedure for the Selection of Evaluators in the ARACIS Register of International Evaluators, available at ARACIS website to the following address: https://www.aracis.ro/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/final_ARACIS-Procedure-for-the-selection-international-evaluators_23.12.2020.pdf
We kindly recommend that the applications to be submitted until 31 March 2021.
For questions and clarifications interested candidates may contact ARACIS by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.