The 10th ENQA General Assembly took place on 17-18 October 2019 in Yerevan, Armenia. The event was organised in cooperation with the National Centre for Professional Education Quality Assurance Foundation (ANQA) and was held in the Tigran Mets Grand Ballroom of the Armenia Marriott Hotel located at 1 Amiryan Street, 0010 Yerevan, Armenia.
The programme of the 10th ENQA General Assembly focused primarily on the future of higher education quality assurance and ENQA’s role to play in these future developments. A consolidated version of the ENQA Strategy 2021-2025 was presented. Participants were offered a chance to present a thematic poster on various topics and share their challenges and best practices.
The General Assembly on Day I allowed members to conduct statutory procedures, during which time they – among other things – participated in the election of Board members. Each member was allowed one vote while affiliates and partners were invited to the meeting as observers only.
The core General Assembly programme ran from 9:30 on 17 October to 13:00 on 18 October. More information on the optional pre-event and social programmes organised by ANQA can be found below.
Participants arriving early to Yerevan were welcome to attend a facultative pre-event programme entitled “Discover Armenian culture with ANQA.” The programme took place on Wednesday, 16 October from 15:30-21:00.
More information about the pre-event programme schedule is provided in the practical information document.
For those staying in Armenia after ENQA’s General Assembly, ANQA also arranged an optional social programme. On Friday, 18 October 2019 at 14:30 a walking tour from the venue hotel to the Matenadaran of Armenia was organized. During the walking tour, the participants had the opportunity to explore a few of Armenia’s historical places.
More information about the social programme schedule is provided in the practical information document.
Higher Education: a rapidly changing world and a next step for the Standards and Guidelines for Quality Assurance in the European Higher Education Area (ESG) – a discussion document for Achim Hopbach’s presentation “Reflecting on the future of quality assurance”
- “Trends in quality audits” by Orla Lynch
- “Reflecting on the future of quality assurance” by Achim Hopbach
- “Main challenges in the evaluation of e-learning programmes: seeking a common understanding with stakeholders in the Spanish university system” by ACSUCYL
- “Labour market insertion studies: a relevant source of information for improving the Higher Education quality” by ACSUG
- “EUC: A portal of quality assurance indicators” by AQU Catalunya
- “Database of External Quality Assurance Results (DEQAR): Quality at your fingertips” by EQAR
- “Thematic evaluation: raising the impact of EQA” by EKKA
- “Electronic system for institutional evaluation and program accreditation – QMS” by NCEQE
- “Ensuring a central role for students in the assessment of higher education programmes” by QANU
- “Road map to meaningful engagement and impact” by QQI
- “A Thematic Analysis of Institutional Review Reports” by the Quality Board for Icelandic Higher Education