Academic Information Centre (AIC)/ Quality Agency for Higher Education (AIKA) is issuing an open call for international experts who are interested to participate in the upcoming evaluations of study fields (study programme groups) in Latvia. AIC is a member of ENQA.
Selected experts will be included in the database and notified. Experts included in the database should be ready to participate in short-term assignments for assessing the quality of study fields in Latvia starting from spring 2024. The assignment will consist of a preparatory stage, site visit implemented mostly on site, and preparation of the assessment report. The site visit for the assessment usually takes from 2 working days up to 5 working days depending on the size of the institution and number of study programmes in the study field.
The call is open to anyone interested but especially to experts representing these disciplines:
- Education and Pedagogy,
- Language and Culture Studies, Mother Tongue Studies and Language Programmes,
- Sociology, Political Science and Anthropology,
- Hotel and Restaurant Service, Tourism and Recreation Organisation,
- Transport Services,
- Environmental Protection,
- Internal Security and Civil Protection,
- Military Defence.
Application is open for candidates who fulfil the following criteria:
- University degree in one of the fields mentioned in the application form;
- Recognised in their respective fields as researchers, teachers of the subject, Bologna experts, independent higher education experts/consultants;
- Expertise in development, design, provision, and evaluation of higher education study programmes (experience with joint study programmes will be an asset);
- Current or a recent managerial position or participation in governing bodies in a higher education institution;
- Experience as a peer reviewer (in the evaluation of internal quality assurance systems, evaluation of scientific activities of a higher education institution, strategic management, internationalisation etc.) in the home country and internationally will be an asset;
- Fluency in English.
Interested candidates may fill in the electronic application form available HERE until 5 February 2024.
All information will be included in the AIC/ AIKA database. All data will be processed according to the General Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016/679).
Representatives from AIC/ AIKA will be in contact with the selected experts with proposal to participate in particular evaluations in Latvia. Please be aware that inclusion in the data base does not guarantee the participation in the assessment.
If you have any questions or clarifications, please contact AIC/ AIKA by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.